Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Catching Up with Bread Pudding

So I've actually been baking quite a bit but have been sloppy about the blogging. One dish I made recently was a super easy version of bread pudding. I tend to buy way too much bread for just my daughter and me, and I'm always off to the pond feeding leftovers to the geese and ducks. However, one evening I was in the mood to bake and had a whole loaf of plain white Wonder bread leftover that was slightly stale. I saw something on tv about a bread pudding and thought I should give it a go.

Turns out this is one of the easiest dishes in the world to prepare. From start to finish it literally took about 15 minutes, if that, to assemble and then I just baked and ate. It's true that white sandwich bread is not the best for this recipe, as it turned out even soggier than I expected. Also, the recipe that I adapted from allrecipes.com (I think I used a little less sugar and added craisins) made a pudding that was just a bit sweeter than I would have liked. But I now have a basic starter idea to move forward with and a handful of willing taste testers for future endeavors. I'm definitely going to try some new versions of bread pudding when I have a different kind of bread to try it with. Luckily, I almost never buy white bread anyhow!

Next time you have some leftover bread, I definitely suggest giving this a try just to see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment