Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Homemade Lasagne Noodles

Once a long time ago I had successfully made lasagne noodles with help. I think I had done it quite a few times, and now that I'm trying on this "baking" hat I thought I would go for it again.

Unfortunately, it didn't work quite as I had hoped.

I started with the traditional well and mixed all of my ingredients together. I got my tight little ball in plastic wrap and I was feeling really good about myself. Rolled it out, and the noodles looked great.

But when it came time to eat, they were doughy. I just don't know a better way to explain it. They just tasted like they weren't quite cooked at all.

I'm not sure what I did wrong and I can't find any assistance on the Web. My best guess is one of two things:

1. I put too much sauce in my lasagne (I do like a lot of sauce) and this over-saturated the noodles.

2. I needed to boil/cook the noodles before I placed them into the casserole. I forget that not all noodles are now bake-ready like the spiffy new box kind.


 So I think I'll try again soon but with some cooked noodles before I bake. If anyone knows if this step is necessary, I'd appreciate the feedback. I baked for 30-45 minutes at 350 or so. So I'm not sure that they were underbaked, but I suppose that was a possibility too.

No comments:

Post a Comment