Sunday, September 18, 2011

Super Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake

This was by far one of the easiest creations I've ever made. You really just have to love the tasty simplicity of anything that goes into a bundt pan. Using a recipe that I found from MyBakingAddiction.com, I prepared this cake for my parents' summer picnic.

Creamy batter just all mixed together.
 It doesn't get easier!
There really wasn't a tough thing about this recipe, and a little truly goes a long way. One thing is for sure, they call it pound cake for a reason. I served this with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, though I think in the future I'd try to even make it lighter. I've been reading a lot about the mechanics of baking in my Alton Brown book lately too and this would probably be a great candidate for trying cake flour rather than all-purpose. Something just needs to lighten this puppy up!

That all being said, this was actually the first cake I've gotten a paid request to duplicate. So heavy to me, I must have been doing something right. Try it for yourself and hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment